San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Principal Electrical Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
The Principal R&D Electrical Engineer will lead technical development of innovative electronic systems to treat peripheral and heart valve diseases, will participate on multiple cross-functional development teams that manage projects from concept through commercialization, and will perform and support a variety of development and engineering activities with primary focus on analog high-voltage circuit design and development.
Essential Job Functions
- Architect and design electronic pulse discharge systems for medical devices.
- Develop proof of concept designs and bench models to test these
concepts in a simulated environment.
- Develop new and novel products based on user defined needs.
- Translate user needs into design inputs/product specifications.
- Create technical specifications from specific user requirements.
- Develop, validate, and maintain system test methods and plans.
- Lead other engineers to develop system and circuit board test fixtures.
- Direct and perform schematic capture, PCB layout, and manage prototype builds.
- Perform functional verification of systems to medical device standards.
- Work with marketing and New Product Development teams to develop new design concepts.
- Participate in system-level technical design reviews to ensure all design
inputs and user needs are addressed.
- Initiate and conduct system design reviews with cross-functional teams.
- Troubleshoot complex electronic systems to the component level.
- Provide support in the company medical device auditing process.
- Enhance the intellectual property position of the company via invention
disclosures and patent applications.
- Take a leading role in the management of assigned projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with 10+ years’ design and development
experience, or a Master’s Degree with 8+ years.
- Experience in architecting and bringing new products to market.
- Extensive experience with schematic capture, and PCB layout of high-voltage analog circuits.
- Experience with analog circuit modeling tools.
- Experience in the development of medical devices.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with all levels of management and
- Experience in all product design phases from concept to commercialization.
- Familiarity with C language programming and embedded systems design.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities.