Minnesota - Twin Cities
Based out of our headquarters in Brooklyn Park, MN, The Sr. Software (Embedded) Engineer will be mainly responsible for development and integration of embedded software for novel Class II and III medical devices.
- Participate in software system architecture development and document software requirements and development plan.
- Perform detailed design analysis and reviews with hardware engineering team to achieve product performance, cost, reliability and manufacturability requirements.
- Track software related issues and lead resolution of issues with a well-documented and methodical approach.
- Develop software test and verification plans and protocols, and conduct prototype testing and verification testing.
- Work closely with hardware engineering team to debug/integrate software with hardware.
- Collaborate with program managers to create and manage development plans and project plans related to software development.
- Lead and contribute towards creation of software design history file, risk management documentation, issue tracking, configuration management, etc.
- Develop and maintain relevant documentation (for e.g. specifications, designs, test plans and reports, etc.) required for medical product Design History Files.
- Experience with microcontrollers (ARM, Texas Instruments), communication controllers (Zarlink, Bluetooth), IC interfaces (SPI,I2C), DSP.
- Extensive experience developing firmware solutions using C, C++, and Assembly (experience with event driven and state machines designs preferred).
- Strong HW / SW bring-up and debugging skills.
- Capable of working independently in a hardware lab with oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies and other test equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of IEC 60601 and IEC 62304 and other relevant medical device regulatory standards highly preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English, and must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.