Boston - New England
Senior R&D Technician
Job Description: The successful candidate must:
- Be able to operate lab equipment to fabricate and test prototype components, assemblies and test fixtures.
- Be able to understand and interpret 2D drawings and be able to provide additive input on part design, fabrication and tolerancing schemes, etc.
- Be able to read, follow and provide additive input on test methods.
- Be able to safely operate lab equipment and ensure the safety of others working in the area.
- Be able to work independently under general supervision.
- Contribute to the prototype design & brainstorming process.
- Maintain a clean, organized workspace.
- Be comfortable working with tissue in wet lab conditions.
- 4+ years of experience in prototype, fixture and medical device product development.
- Hands-on prototype fabrication experience including the ability to operate lab equipment including: tensile tester, hand-held force gauges, load cells, 3D printer, EFD, laser welder, basic hand tools, etc.
- Experience with product development & testing within a quality system.
- Experience in medical device development, preferably in a small, fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience working in “wet lab” environments.
- Experience working in a Clean Environment Room (CER).
- Experience with rapid prototyping processes; 3D printing, casting, etc.
- Familiarity with both manual and CNC mill, manual and CNC lathe, CAM programming, EDM machining, etc.
- Experience drafting test methods / procedures.
- Experience with design, fabrication & debugging of electro-mechanical test systems.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks or similar CAD program.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Fusion, Esprit, or similar CAM program.
- Manufacturing process development.