San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Senior Electrical Engineer
• Develop and implement circuit designs, including circuits for analog input signal conditioning, embedded control, telemetry, inductive power coupling, power supplies, battery systems, power management and battery charging.
• Design and/or lead design of printed circuit assemblies and electromechanical assemblies, including prototype development, testing and troubleshooting.
• Collaborate with software engineering team to specify, test and verify embedded software and firmware in the system.
• Develop electronic system and sub-system requirements, and development plans
• Perform detailed design and analysis to achieve product performance, cost, reliability, manufacturability requirements.
• Interface with and manage suppliers to fabricate prototype and final design components.
• Participate in architecture design, subsystem requirements partitioning, requirements. management and configuration management during product development.
• Build, test, debug, and maintain configuration of prototype assemblies.
• Develop test plans and protocols, and execute prototype testing and formal design verification testing.
• Perform Failure Mode Effects Analysis and participate in creation of risk management documentation.
• Develop and maintain documentation for specifications, designs, test plans and reports for inclusion in medical product Design History Files.
• Create and release medical device manufacturing process instructions, bills of material, lot history travelers, and related documentation.
• Participate in the development of quality inspection and manufacturing process instructions for electronic assemblies.
• BS in Electronics / Computer Engineering or in an equivalent engineering discipline.
• 10+ years of experience within the medical device industry or a highly regulated industry.
• Expert level skills in electronic circuit design and commercial product design experience in areas of Neuromodulation, Embedded Control Design, Battery System and Power Management Circuits, Real-time Signal Processing, Wireless Charging and Communication highly preferred.
• Expertise in electronic design automation tools: e.g.: PCB design (Altium preferred), schematic capture, analog and digital circuit simulation, tolerance analysis.
• Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English, and must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.