San Francisco Bay Area, CA
We are currently looking for R&D Technician who is a creative, motivated, and collaborative team player that can work independently and with little supervision. This position represents an exciting opportunity to join the team to conceive, prototype, test, and refine proof of concepts for a broad range of early stage projects.
As an R&D Technician, you will play a key role in the product’s design, development, manufacturing process, and testing to support the projects progression into a company. A successful candidate will have a proven track record in a medical R&D environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to the following):
- Strong hands on experience in the catheter design and fabrication processes, including braiding, lamination, tipping, flaring, skiving, and bonding.
- Experience with assembly of balloon and steerable catheters.
- Experience in mechanical and electrical assembly. • Experience with laser-welding, soldering, and use of hand tools a must.
- Perform assigned test methods and capture testing data, including use of Instron, microview, and other visual inspection methods.
- Demonstrate strong creativity and problem-solving ability.
- Strong organizational skills maintaining lab notebook, work station, equipment, inventory, and R&D lab.
- Ability to identify defects and work with team members to find solutions. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Proven track record in R&D catheter technologies in a rapid product development environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in development and fabrication of medical devices and ability to work independently as well as team setting.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience working in a lab and CER.
- Previous start-up experience, a plus.
- Machine shop experience, a plus.
- Requires a high school diploma, technical courses, or equivalent industry