San Francisco Bay Area, CA
In a pivotal role on the R&D Engineering team, you will be empowered to drive forward innovative ideas and initiatives to help patients. Through a sense of servant leadership, you will lead and develop a highly impactful team. Together, you will apply your passion for problem solving at all stages of the design process, from concept to commercialization, which will have a profound positive impact on the vast number of patients who will benefit from your efforts. At our company, the interpersonal skills are often more valued than the technical skills. As a successful Penumbra engineer, you will show up every day as a team player.
What Success Looks Like
- Unite creative ideas from other team members and be the voice that brings them forward.
- Provide leadership and guidance to junior engineers with the mentality of servant leadership.
- Mentor and develop cross-functional team members with the mentality that their success is your success.
- Management of R&D projects through each stage of its life with a true sense of ownership.
- Thoughtful representation of R&D Engineering on a cross-functional team, ensuring collaboration, for design control efforts leading to device submission to regulatory bodies worldwide.
- Creation of test protocols to mitigate clinical risk for a wide range of medical device concepts.
- Positive working relationships with suppliers and other external resources to source components and refine component specifications.
- Incorporation of novel technologies into innovative designs.
What You Bring
- A passion and knack for solving hands-on and multi-disciplinary technical design problems is preferred.
- A strong track record of guiding and fostering top performance among team members.
- Proven ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and compelling manner, both in writing and orally, is required.
- A track record of maintaining a high level of organization with the ability to navigate multiple tasks with competing priority is preferred.
- Three to ten years of industry experience, driving projects to completion and interfacing with cross-functional stakeholders, is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent is required.