R&D Engineer ( multiple positions open w/ different specialty requirements – ask us! )
- Support and lead teams in the development of medical device products, including writing or verifying specifications, maintaining product processes, designing fixtures, test processes, equipment and raw materials to ensure the concepts and/or prototypes meet their requirements.
- Responsible for managing engineering projects for specific products within the R&D department.
- Develop new product concepts and products.
- Responsible for engineering design and process development.
- Generate intellectual property, write invention disclosures.
- Supervise technicians, specialists, associate engineers, and engineers.
- Specify and/or direct the specification and testing of new materials and designs.
- Confer with appropriate departments, resources, and/or outside services to prepare design modifications, clarify problems and develop designs.
- Largely self-directed, capable of meeting project goals with minimal supervision.
- BS degree in Engineering or related field
- 5 to 8 years related medical device experience
- Reading and preparing technical documentation
- Working knowledge of standard machine shop and medical device equipment and processes.