San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Quality Engineering Manager
In a pivotal role on our quality engineering team, you will be the driving force behind the quality of some of the most innovative products. You will provide leadership and drive results in all aspects of product development and manufacturing in order to ensure the highest level of quality in new and existing products, and their compliance to applicable regulations and standards. Your efforts will directly impact the safety of patients around the world who use our products. You will apply your passion for detailed analysis for identifying problems and determining the appropriate course of action. You will be looked to for communicating quality objectives and building a culture of quality throughout the company.
What Success Looks Like
- As a leader, manage the quality engineering functions of development projects within a multidisciplinary project team.
- Mentor and develop cross-functional team members with the mentality that their success is your success.
- Provide subject matter expertise with external/internal audits, design of experiments, process validations, statistics, test method validations, measurement system analysis, sterilization validations, new product development, and risk.
- Take the lead on continuous improvement initiatives.
- With your top notch critical thinking, find ways to make our quality system better.
- Ensure product quality associated with our most robust array of product lines.
- With a high level of customer service, provide engineering support to designated production lines.
- Support new product launches into pilot production ensuring they meet our quality standards.
- Own the vendor management process to maintain strong relationships with suppliers.
- Continually improve technical processes and ensure reliability and implement inspections that meet our quality standards.
- Manage the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for assigned product families and functional production areas.
- Assess, develop, evaluate, implement, and maintain process control systems.
What You Bring
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within a dynamic environment
- The ability to present issues, plans, and objectives in a clear, compelling way, both verbally and through documentation preferred.
- Proven track record of working with applicable regulations and standards, e.g. QSR, ISO 13485 required.
- Proven work history of growing within an organization, learning its systems, and showing initiative preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required (mechanical, biomedical, or materials engineering preferred).
- 5+ years of industry experience required.
- 1+ years of leadership experience required, people management experience preferred.
- Deep understanding of sterilization and biocompatibility preferred.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis/evaluation, and scientific methodology.
- Class III (preferred) or II medical device experience required.
- Previous manufacturing engineering or process development experience preferred.