Minnesota - Twin Cities
General Manager, Engineering Services
The General Manager (GM) of Engineering Services is fully responsible for a multi-site P&L related to our Engineering Services organization focused on Active Implantable Systems. Engineering Services encompasses the business processes between customer proposals through design transfer of products to the Engineering Organization and is considered the growth vehicle of the company. This position directly supervises an organization consisting of approximately 80 personnel across a wide range of program management and engineering disciplines located at 2 different sites. The GM will maintain overall responsibility for new product development and improvement to existing product development activities; design and develop a differentiated product platform on time and within budget based on customer design specifications; accountable for the evaluation and implementation of timely and efficient project plans, product mapping, budget planning and anticipated product launches; supervise roadmaps and execution for technology development and product transfers. Particular focus will be placed on customized product development and design-formanufacturability, to meet the needs of customers. The GM will be an important member of the senior leadership team, playing a vital role in the development of company/corporate objectives and policies, and the achievement of business goals.
- Drives the P&L of Global Engineering to ensure profitability goals are obtained.
- Develop, execute and maintain short and long term strategic plans in support of custom product development and existing company product improvements.
- Immediately and continuously evaluate and develop methods, techniques, projects, and related programs to ensure on time and within budget achievement of corporate and departmental objectives. • Determine appropriateness of overall technology portfolio to achieve agreed objectives.
- Contribute to the management of the patent portfolio; recommend priority for patent filings.
- Provide strategic leadership and insight, ensuring the development and goal achievement of a highly effective engineering team.
- Provide technical, logistical and planning guidance to resolve all product development issues.
- Ensure cost effective measures and budget compliance; develop cost saving initiatives to meet or exceed financial performance requirements.
- Partner cross-functionally in support of organizational goals and objectives.
- Maintain knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), ISO-13485 and related regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as appropriate.
- Ensure continual regulatory and quality compliance.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, new technologies, and competitor business; evaluate and adopt recent developments in appropriate scientific field for new product potential and improvement of existing products.
- Other responsibilities as assigned. An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Rev. 2/25/21
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering, biomedical engineering, or related) required, with a related advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years previous progressive experience in manufacturing, product development and program management experience (at least five years’ experience at a senior leadership level).
- Contract Manufacturing experience required
- Strong background and demonstrated results in a related “active implant” field (Neuromodulation, Cardiac Rhythm Management, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in organizational development and driving results in a fast-growing enterprise
- Experienced in budgeting, forecasting and driving improvement in financial performance with budgets in excess of $1 million required.
- Record of successful late stage product development and subsequent product launch.
- Superior communication skills and demonstrated negotiation abilities.
- Superior knowledge and leadership skills with various project planning and management methodologies.
- Strong focus on collaboration and team work.
- Demonstrated success implementing projects or solving issues that significantly impact the overall success of an organization.
- Must possess effective decision making skills and analytical ability. WORKING ENVIRONMENT Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential